Want to improve your photographic skills? We are more than willing to help you. Come and join us on one of our next workshops with hands on training.
Click on photo to view in light box
Dates for Giants Castle workshop
We can take maximum 4 photographers per workshop.
2-4 August 2019
Contact us for Bookings
Giants Castle Itinerary
Natures Eye Photographic Workshops/Safaris is proud to offer this unique photographic experience at Giants Castle, home of the Eland and the majestic Bearded Vulture.
Giants Castle Game Reserve lies in the Central Berg region of the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Park. It’s name comes from the silhouette of the mountain escarpment that resembles the profile of a sleeping giant.
Giants castle camp is situated on a grassy plateau among the deep valleys running down from the face of the High Drakensberg, offering glorious views for hikers and mountain climbers.
The workshop is for two days with hands on training by your host.
Your host is Master Photographer Henning de Beer (FPSSA)
The cost for the three days is R 6600-00 per person sharing.
- Standard room sharing
- Bed linen, blankets & towels
- Snacks & non alcoholic beverages
- Hands on training by your host
- Transport to and from Giants Castle
- Lunch on the day of departure (stop for lunch half way to Giants Castle)
- Alcoholic beverages, personal expenses and optional extra activities
Take careful note of what is included and what is excluded from the price.
The full price will be payable at the time of making your booking.
Your travel plans are made entirely at your own risk and Nature’s Eye Photographic Workshops/Safaris will not accept responsibility for any flight cancellations, disruptions or delays on your way to Pretoria/Giants Castle.
- Early morning wake-up call (before sunrise)
- Depart for vulture hide
- Breakfast at hide
- Open forum discussion and/or hands-on training relating to photography and related topics by your host photographer
- Lunch at chalet
- Time for other activities at Giants Castle
- Dinner at chalet
Other activities at Giants Castle
- The office and shop are open from 08:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Saturday and from 08:00 to 16:00 on Sunday
- The shop sells a wide range of curious and supplies
- Visit the Main Caves Museum for an insight into the past life of the San People – a 45 min walk from the camp
- There is a variety of self guided day walks through the lower parts of the park throughout the year, weather permitting. Routes are available from the camp office
- The weather is subject to change at short notice and hikers must be well equipped as it can get extremely cold. Hikers must also fill in their details in the mountain Rescue Register before proceeding on a hike.
- 15 kilometres of Trout fishing river – in season only
- Bird watching – over 170 known species of birds, including many raptors such as Bearded vulture and black Eagle
- You may encounter mainly Eland and other species of antelope, baboons, also some smaller mammals such as rock hyraxes (dassie) and Serval
- camera & lenses (lenses from 400mm – 600mm is the best to use)
- battery charger
- memory cards
- for landscape photography – tripod & landscape lenses
- power supply
- card reader
- super clamp & ball head for support system in the hide
- bean bag
Nature’s Eye Workshops/Safaris can assist you with ODP’s rental service if there is a need to hire any photographic equipment.
Clients are advised to arrange their own comprehensive travel insurance and medical emergency insurance. Please add your insurance details on the booking form, should you have these insurances in place.
No compulsory vaccinations are required. If you suffer from any medical conditions that may affect you or your participation on this workshop, please inform us about this on your booking form. You are responsible for bringing any prescription medication you may need. We accept no responsibility for any medical conditions, illnesses or related incidents that may occur during your workshop, even if we have been fully informed about your condition.
Nature’s Eye Photographic Workshops/Safaris and its staff accept no liability or responsibility for any damage, injury or loss of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to death, disability, property theft or damage, cancellation of your workshop or any other such incident as may arise on your workshop. By completing the booking form and booking your workshop/safari, you agree that you are aware of the inherent risks associated with travel and you further agree to indemnify Nature’s Eye Photographic Workshops/Safaris from any claim or liability which may result from any kind of loss or accident which may occur during or after or as a result of your workshop. You are participating on this workshop/safari entirely at your own risk.
We at Nature’s Eye Photographic Workshops/Safaris are looking forward to share with you the place of magic, where you can experience a rare sense of freedom and gain renewed inspiration.
To do a booking, contact us